Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Juneathon - Day 1: Running

Over the past month I've been very bad where exercise is concerned.  To try and get myself out of the bad habit and back into the good habit I've had for the first three months of the year I decided to try Juneathon.

The rules of Juneathon are:


"Run or do some form of exercise every day.
Blog about it within 24 hours.
Join the Juneathon group at the Running Free website and log your runs/exercise.
Visit other blogs and leave comments, giving your support.
Link to the Juneathon website and display the 'Juneathon Participant' logo (above).
And that's about it really. Simple, huh?"


So the idea is to exercise every day in the month of June and today I went for a 6km run.  I know I won't be running everyday but this gives me a great excuse to finally take the bike out of the shed, fill the tyres with air and start cycling to work again.  I don't need the car everyday and I don't live too far from work so I really should bike in the days I don't need the car.  Core exercising and yoga might fill in other days when I won't be cycling or running.

So here's to Juneathon and the challenge it is going to give me.  If you are interested it's not too late to start.  Head over to the website and inform yourself and enjoy the exercising month.

No comments:

Post a Comment