Sunday, June 12, 2011

Juneathon - Day 12: Running

This morning the weather was horrible and I was not looking forward to my run.  It was dark, wet, cold and miserable.  I needed to run as it had been a few days since I did and I knew I would have to go out in this.  I can't believe this is June.

When the time came to run the temperature had risen a little and rain had stopped.  I didn't bring the gloves that I was contemplating in the morning.  When I got to my starting point I left my jacket in the car, the weather had improved some more, and set off at a nice pace.  The idea for today was to try and hit 15km.  I'm supposed to run a half marathon in two weeks and I haven't run further than 12km in almost two months.

The first 10km were nice but then the dreaded IT band, on my left leg this time, began to play up.  At 11km I stopped to stretch it out and again at 13km.  At 13.1km I stopped and walked the short distance back to the car.  I didn't want to push the knee too hard.  I did this in December and it resulted in one month trying to get past 2km without my knee giving in.  I'm hoping the problem is related to Juneathon and daily exercise and that my body is a little tired.  I'll know next week how I'm feeling when I run my long run if the half is doable or if it is better I sit this one out.  I hope next weekend is better.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the half marathon if you decide to go for it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete