Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Juneathon - Day 8: Running

Again time was short today to get in some exercising so I decided to go out for a 6km run and to try to complete it a good bit quicker than Mondays 6km, which was run in 35:40.  I also needed to be done quick as I was going back to college and tonight was orientation so I had to be home, showered, changed and out the door within 90 minutes of leaving to go on this run.

I started comfortably and ran for 1km.  Here I stopped and stretched a bit before hitting the road again.  I decided to push it the 2nd km and slow down the 3rd.  Push it again the 4th km and then take it easier for the final two.  I was hoping to get as close as I could to 30 minutes and that would fulfil my goal of at least 30 minutes exercise every day in June.

1km: 4:58
2km: 4:30
3km: 5:24
4km: 4:28
5km: 5:11
6km: 4:51

This, surprisingly, gave me a total of 29:24.  I actually had to run a further 36 seconds to hit my 30 minute target.  As soon as I got back to the car the rain poured down so I stretched quickly the areas that have been sore lately and drove home to stretch out properly.

Everything worked out well and I was out the door on time.  Great workout.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Thomas, you're flying it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Breandán. I'm enjoying it. Hope Juneathon is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete