Thursday, June 30, 2011

Double Milestone

Today marked a double milestone for me.

The first one is my inaugural run in my first ever marathon training schedule.  I've set up an 18 week training schedule that has just started and will end with the Dublin City Marathon in the end of October this year.  Although a bit nervous of the time commitment and the training involved I am looking forward to it.  I'm also going to try to raise funds for the Irish Cancer Society while doing it so if you would like to support me please click on the mycharity.ie link on the right hand side of this page.  All support is very much appreciated.

The second milestone I've reached is that with this run, run number 57 of the year, I have equalled the total number of runs for 2010.  So in 6 months I've managed to get my legs out the door the same number of times as the full 12 months of 2010, a great improvement for me.  Now I have a nice target to beat, more than 57 runs in the final 6 months of this year.

Here is a comparison of both 57 runs a slightly longer distance in a slightly faster time.


5 comments:

  1. Oooh - good luck with the marathon training (and the marathon, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Thomas!
    Hope to take you to some cool sites for the weeks of tranning in Portugal :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks abradypus for the best wishes on the marathon. I've been away for a while so late reply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi João. I've a lot of running planned for Portugal. Hopefully the weather will allow me to do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete