Friday, June 3, 2011

Juneathon - Day 3: Yoga

Third day of Juneathon and my third fitness activity.  This evening I did a 36 minute yoga workout.  The aim I'm setting myself during Juneathon is to exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes each time... so far so good.

This evenings exercise was a little sore.  I know it was a short session but stretching is not a skill of mine, I happen to be one of the most inflexible people around.  I'm lucky to touch my knees, let alone my toes but hopefully yoga, if I keep it up, will start to change that.  I really found three of the exercises today difficult, well more difficult that what would be normal for me.  The sun salutation, downward facing dog and especially the half-moon poses hurt.  I guess after the core workout yesterday my stomach muscles were still a little tender and those poses gave them a nice going over, again.  I guess the tenderness must mean I working these muscles for the first time in a long time and maybe that I'm doing something right.

Tomorrow is a running day.  I hope to get out early in the morning and run 10km.  Bring on day 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment