Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 18 & 17 Roundup

I've been away for a while and have not really had a chance to blog so I'm throwing all my latest runs into this post to catch up rather than create an individual post for each one, not that there are many runs since my last blog.

I've had a poor start to my marathon training.  I'm on a schedule which is 4 runs per week.  I'm looking at getting in a speed workout, a regular run, a long run and a recovery run.  Two weeks in and I've managed 5 runs out of 8, not great.  With only 16 weeks remaining to the run I have to become a lot more disciplined or I won't be at the place I need to be for the marathon.

One of my runs was in Geneva, a little outside of my usual routes, working trip.  It is a beautiful place to run.  Geneva is situated on a lake and this really makes the run enjoyable.  I wish I had more time to run there but the day I did run was beautiful, sunny, warm, clear blue sky and had a snow capped Mount Blanc in the background.

I hope to blog on a regular basis again now that life has slowed down again.




No comments:

Post a Comment