Sunday, January 9, 2011

Slightly Further

Another run done and me knee is still a problem. I managed to get to 2.4km before it started to twinge this time, 800m further than the last time so there is some improvement. Not sure if I'll be ready for the half but I'm going to try.

I got a new pair of runners yesterday, Christmas present. I went to a shop called Amphibian King where they measure your running gait along a track with a camera and then recommend runners that would be suitable to your running gait. I tried on four different pairs and had these viewed through the camera while I ran in them.  The pair that gave me the best support were the New Balance 1064. 



It seems that I have a neutral running gait and runners designed for that gait suit me best.  I wore the NB 1064 yesterday for the run and they felt great.  Hopefully I get to try them on a longer run at some stage.  My other pair are Asics and I love them putting over 380km on them at this stage.  The new version Asics weren't a good fit for my feet as the sides cut into my ankles, hence the switch to the New Balance brand.



No comments:

Post a Comment