Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Little Longer

The goal for today was 4km and to run slower than Tuesday so as not to put too much pressure on the knee.  I hoped that this would get me the extra distance.  The place I normally run was locked up so I parked up the car and ran to the nearest green area.

I ran at a nice easy pace and I kept going until the knee started to ache.  I've learned to stop when that happens (you would think it was something that I should know and not have to learn).  At the end of the run I didn't hit the goal of 4km but i had run 25 minutes, 5 minutes more than the last run which is a big positive.

I used the foam roller today for the first time.  I really hope it it works because it hurts like hell.  The half marathon is now only 52 days away.  The recovery rolls on.

No comments:

Post a Comment