Thursday, January 20, 2011

Running in the Fog

The idea of running on the track is that it is supposed to be soft and a better surface for me to run on with an injured knee.  At -2ºC, with freezing fog, the ground was like a rock so I might as well have been out on the road.

Today was another good run, two in a row.  I found it a little difficult to break until I warmed up due to the cold.  Maybe I should have worm more layers but hindsight is a great thing.  There were three others running on the track tonight but with the fog I hardly saw them at all. I'm happy with 3.5km in 20 minutes but I need to take it a bit easier and slow down over the next few runs while trying to run longer.


The fog began to clear around the track as I was finishing the run.  It seemed to be the only place it cleared because it was a pretty dangerous drive home where I could only see 50 metres in front of me. I'm going to give myself a few days off to rest up and should be out for my next run on Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment