Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Runner's Knee

Today I joined a Fit For Life group for men in Carlow.  The group will meet every Tuesday at 4.30pm at the local athletics club track.  I was speaking to the trainer about my knee and he said it was runner's knee and gave me a few stretches to do to strengthen the knee.  He said that with care I should be back to myself by the end of the month, here's hoping.

Today I walked 2km, which won't be a recorded session as it wasn't a run.  I'm going to get myself a foam roller also to try and iron out a few of the tight areas in my thighs and knees and hopefully this will aid in the recovery.  I'll have to be more careful in future about my training as this is a real pain not being able to run any real distance without pain.  The recovery continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment