Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Many Runners

I was away in Galway for the weekend at a stag.  One of my friends is getting married in February so we were out to celebrate with him.  As part of the weekend we went to a place called Pure Skill, which was great craic.  10 different sports that you have to try and succeed at.  You get one point per successful shot in each activity activity you do up to a possible 100.  For example one of the activities was baseball.  The ball was hurled at you at 50mph 12 time and each one you hit and managed to move in a forward direction was worth one point.  The other sports included golf chipping, golf putting, soccer, gaelic, rugby, basketball, tennis, cricket and hurling.  I got 26 points, which surprisingly was not last place but I can cheer myself up knowing that the most anyone has got is 68 points, believe me it is not easy.

So after that nice weekend without much exercise, except the weight lifting of a pint glass or two and the odd attempt to hit something in Pure Skill  it was back to the track today to see if the rest did the legs some good and the alcohol didn't do to much damage.  At the track there was a group of about 40 people running as part of a fit for life group.  I've noticed a lot of runners lately, January is a good month to get back into things.

This is how my recovery is going.   I ran 20 minutes again and got a little bit further.  On Thursday I hope to reduce the pace but run for longer.  We'll soon see if I mange that.

No comments:

Post a Comment