Sunday, January 30, 2011

January Round Up

January is nearly over, my first full month on this blog and the first month of my year goal.  I set myself the goal of running 1,500km in 2011.  This is 125km per month.  So how am I doing?

Negative: I got injured on the first day of my goal with the IT band giving me grief resulting in me not being able to reach 3km in my initial runs.
Positive: A foam roller, an IT band strap and a stretching routine later the runs progressively got longer and the last two runs I've been pain free.

Negative: I only managed 40.58km out of the 125km per month I should be doing to reach my goal.
Positive: I ran 12 times this month.  I never ran more than 8 times in a month last year so this is a personal best for me.

In the last three months of 2010 I ran very little.  I'm starting to realise how much I missed it.  I'm not at the level I was in September 2010 but I'm feeling good again and the stress is reducing.  Got to love running.

No comments:

Post a Comment