Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 2011 Round Up

Back home this week, back to work and back on the road.  After a nice week of not running I went back on the road today.  I ran a nice route from work out towards Oak Park, which is a crop research centre.  It is a nice place to run through as the scenery changes with the seasons.  From there I turned around and headed back towards town.  On the way back I ran past the local athletics club, which was packed full of children running.  It is true what they say, they really know how to run.  Since I hurt my knee at Christmas I've been reading a lot about running form, barefoot running, etc.  They seem to really have the correct running form, forward lean, mid foot landing, etc.  I need to work on my running form.

As a round up this was a good month for me.  I ran 105.73km this month, a new best.  The goal I set myself at the beginning of the year was 1,500km in 2011.  To do this I would need to average 125km a month, getting closer.  So far I'm down a month already, but still think it is possible to catch by the end of the year, especially with a marathon in October.  Hopefully that training will help me reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment