Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hilly Long Run

This morning I joined the Carlow Women's Fit For Life group for a long run.  The Carlow Men's Fit for Life group has only just been established and as of yet doesn't do long runs as part of the group.  For the past two months I've been doing my long run alone, as the person I normally run with is injured so it was great to have company again for the run.

At 9.30am we met and began our run.  The run was at a nice pace and was on a route I never ran before.  The majority of my runs over the past year or so have been mostly flat as there are not many routes around the town that have hills.  Today's route went out of the town.  The weather was great and before long we had hit our first hill.  As I wasn't familiar with the route I wasn't really expecting any hills.  Today's run was really enjoyable and felt great.

It was the first time this year that I've run more than 12km without having my right knee strapped up.  With seven hills on the run I happy with how the knee held together and think as long as I look after it I should be able to run without the ITB strap from here on in.

1 comment:

  1. both the group and the 12km without ITB strap are great news!

    all the better for our traning :P

    ReplyDelete