Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lisbon Half - Recovery Run

With my legs still a bit shook from Sunday I went out for a run.  I probably should have done this run on Monday but decided a family day out walking Lisbon Zoo was a better option that day.  I had forgotten to cut my toe nails before the half and some toes were not in great shape, but on the mend.  The legs were complaining that they didn't want this but I knew they really needed it.

The weather was great.  A cool 16ºC with a lovely breeze.  The idea was to try for 6km but if the legs were still too tender to cut that short.  I ran 1km and stopped to stretch and legs felt much better after that.  5km later I was back at the house and after a bit more stretching was finished a nice slow, easy run.   Feeling better today.

I've a 10km race in Dublin in just under 3 weeks time.  I learned my lesson after the last half where I had no races planned when it finished.  As a result I got lazy and ran only four times in the following 3 months.  That won't be happening this time around.

1 comment: