Tuesday, March 8, 2011

12 Days To Go

With only 12 days to the Lisbon half I've begun reducing my training.  Today was 6km at a pace of 30 seconds slower than last week.  Thursday will be another 6km at a pace of 30 seconds slower than today and then Saturday will be 12km, slower still.

I'm so happy to have got to this stage.  In January I wasn't really sure that I would end up running this race at all.  To have got through the injury enough to be contemplating a PR is great.  There is still a niggle in the knee, a small bit of discomfort at times, but it's getting better.  I still wear the IT band strap on my Saturday long run but run without it on the other runs during the week.  The plan after Lisbon is to try to also run the long runs without it.  I have to get through Lisbon first.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the race goes well and that you get your PR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wishes, really looking forward to the race now.

    ReplyDelete