Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 2011 Round Up

My final run for February was a 3km recovery run after the long 18km yesterday.  The calf muscles were very tender and it wasn't the easiest 3km I've ever run but at a slow pace I got through it and tomorrow is a much needed rest day.

So to my goal of running 1,500km in 2011, how is that going?  At this stage, two months in, I should have notched up a nice 250km to be on target.  What do I have at the moment, 121.81km, I'm already a month behind.  I knew when I set this target it would be a tough one for me.  Having run 58 times last year covering 431km I knew I would have to get out more and add another 1,000km to my 2010 distance to meet the goal.  Starting the year injured meant January was a tough month where I reached 40km and in February I had the flu which cut running out for a week.  There are positives though.  In both months the number of runs are in double digits, something I never managed once last year and this month the 81.23km is the furthest I ever run in a month, definite progress being made here.

I'm still debating about signing up for the Dublin marathon in October but I know if I do, the training will give me back the month I'm down on my 2011 goal which I'm still confident of achieving.  Roll on March.

No comments:

Post a Comment