Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Little Bit Further

Saturday's long run got postponed until today as I was at a wedding on Friday and thought that a long run after a night of drinking might not be the best idea in the world.  As a result my Sunday recovery run got knocked off the plan again.

Today was a 13km run where I was looking to run each kilometre between 5:40 and 6:10.  The best I've managed this year is 10km and with my knee still not the best I was a little worried about this run, hoping for the best.

The day was horrible, I should have run yesterday, the weather was better.  The wind and rain were constant the whole run and the wind was in my face all the way.  I ran the first kilometre as a warm up and then spent some time stretching.  After another 6kms I stopped for another stretch and then changed direction to support the knee.  The change of direction made no difference with the wind that seemed to change direction with me and was in my face the whole way.  The end of the run was tough and my knee started to twinge again.  Lisbon is only 4 weeks away now, hopefully I'll be ready.

Despite the rain and the tough end of the run I was happy as I did hit my goal and all kilometres were in the target zone.

1km: 5:57
2km: 5:46
3km: 5:55
4km: 5:58
5km: 5:55
6km: 5:58
7km: 6:04
8km: 5:52
9km: 5:52
10km: 5:58
11km: 5:56
12km: 6:07
13km: 5:58

No comments:

Post a Comment