Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Camels

Today's run was tough.  I brought a group to play soccer before my run.  I joined in a 3-a-side game on a 5-a-side pitch for an hour.  It has been a long, long time since I've played soccer and with small numbers it meant a lot of running.  I left the soccer pitch got into my car with sore legs and drove to track, wondering if I should just take the day off as I had already done some exercise and I was unsure how my legs would react to some more punishment.

When I got to the track I was surprised to see two camels walking up the track, as you can imagine.  It is not a usual sight to see camels in Carlow.  They came from the circus tent in the middle of the grounds.  I've never seen a circus in this area in Carlow, they are usually in other larger fields in the town.  I arrived late for the men's fit for life group which is going to be a habit as I don't finish work early enough.  I went inside for the core exercises and as the men were leaving I went to the track for my run with the one of the men saying be careful with the camels, they just walk out in front of you.

The run was tough, legs were sore but I managed 5km at a good pace so I was happy with that.  Before the run I spoke with the club trainer about my knee and he suggested trying to run my short run next week without the IT band strap to check on the healing.  He suggested over time wearing it less and less because if I become dependant on it it may impede other muscles.  Any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment