Thursday, July 21, 2011

DCM Week 15: Regular

Today was a scheduled 6.5km regular run.  Once I had put the young lad to bed I got changed and headed out the door.  I was really tired and not in the mood but I need to be more focus with my running if I'm to be ready for the marathon.  I've pushed my legs over the past two runs and have been feeling it in my calves and Achilles so the plan was to run nice and easy today.

As I set off on a surprisingly nice evening I settled into a nice easy pace but it wasn't long before the left calf started feeling tight.  I kept focusing on running steady and easy and although the tightness didn't clear it also didn't get worse.  With a km to go I realised that I had misjudge the route I chosen so instead of 6.5km I ended up with 7km, not too bad.  I felt great after the run.  You have gotta love hove you seem to have more energy after a nice run than before it and you know you made the right decision to get out.

Back home and getting out of the shower I felt a twinge in my right knee.  The knee feels tender and a bit weak. I hope I haven't done damage to the IT band again.  The strap may have to come back out of the press for the long run on Saturday.  It's to be a nice 15km run.  I hope my knee is up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment