Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Recovery Runs

First things first I don't know much about running, only that I like it.  Recovery runs are not something that I have ever done.  Probably because I have never been too dedicated to running.  I haven't really ran a long run that has required a short recovery run the day after, or if I did (the one half marathon I ran) I took a nice two week break, which was followed by three small runs in the following three months.

I've been running on but mostly off for the past three years now and completely off for most of the last three months.  I have decided that for 2011 I'm going to try to change my focus to run mostly on, try new routes, types of running, to just get outside more and this blog is my first step.  Hopefully over the next year I'll be utilising more recovery runs as I try to up the number of kilometres run in the year and keep running consistanly for the year.  I can always dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment