Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Out Of Shape

Yesterday I got back on the horse, today the horse kicked me off and I held on to the reins as it dragged me around the course.  I remember when I could run 5km in just under 25 minutes, when an easy run meant my heart rate never went above 160 bpm.  I guess it will be a while before I get back to that fitness again.  The result of too much time off.

As I was running around it hurt. As I kept going a quote I remembered kept running around in my head, "Pain is weakness leaving the body." I hope it is true :-) A few more weeks of this and I should be back to some form of shape. I need to be in much better shape than this if I want to complete the half marathon in March.

Run - 28/12/2010
Distance: 6.52km or 4.05 miles
Time: 40:44
Pace: 6:15 m/km or 9:90 m/m
Heart Rate: 174 bpm
Terrain: Mostly dirt track.
Soundtrack: The Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up The Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment