Monday, December 27, 2010

Back On The Horse

So I checked. One and a half months of no running and only two small runs in the last two and a half months. It's too easy to be lazy.  So with just one week to 2011 and the beginning of my 1,500km in one year goal it was time to get out on the road again.

Today was to be a nice easy 5km run. About 200m into the run I felt a smile hit my face, I missed this, this was nice. I ran around a 1km dirt track a few times and then back to the house. At the end of the run my legs hurt a little, my heart raced a lot and my body was saying don't take so long a break next time. If I want to complete my 2011 goal there won't be any months off next year.


Run - 27/12/2010:
Distance: 5.51km or 3.42 miles
Time: 35:22
Pace: 6:25 m/km or 10:20 m/m
Heart Rate: 166 bpm
Terrain: Mostly dirt track.
Soundtrack: Stereophonics - Word Gets Around

1 comment:

  1. You ran to early for me ... and yesterday ASIC says "rest day" but today i step in and run my jog, no injuries and no pain :)

    Distance: 5km
    Time: 39:05
    Pace: 7:49 m/km
    Heart Rate: 158 bpm


    //nice blog!

    ReplyDelete