Friday, December 24, 2010

My ASICS

So the training will begin on Moday the 27th of December 2010, I hope :-) Been looking around the web and found a blog called Sound Mind, Sound Body which showed a link to a site where you can set up a training schedule and from trying to find a good free site for training plans for a while I'm impressed with this one form what I've seen so far.

My ASICS is really easy to navigate, sets up your training according to your goal time for the race type you are looking to run, which is a really nice way of doing it as it is almost personalise that way.  One feature that I love is the recovery runs that are also part of the plan for when the race is over.  You are give a few rest days and then the recovery runs you need to get back into it.  It seems really well thought out.  Really good site...  Check it out.  It is a new and there may be a few bugs as I think it is still in it's BETA form but try it and give feedback to the programmers, I'm sure they would be happy with the feedback.

I'm going to use it for my training plan for my goal of running a sub 2 hour half in March 2011.  I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment