Sunday, October 30, 2011

Last Run Before...

The Dublin City Marathon. The day is fast approaching, in fact it's tomorrow.  I'm a little worried at the moment.  Last nights last run was a little sluggish, but I was very tired after a very tough week.  I should, after some rest be ready for Monday.  The race starts at 10am, for me anyway as I'll be in the last wave of those who feel it will take them longer than 4hrs 15mins to finish.  That's what I believed it would take me when I signed up 7 months ago but I'm hopeful of a faster finish now, but we'll wait and see.

Yesterday morning I went up to Dublin to collect my race pack and racing bib.  I'm number 12878, with over 14,000 runners in the field.  This is going to be a great experience and I'm looking forward to it.

Pack & Bib
Now to get my gear ready and a good night sleep.  A friend of mine will drop me up to Dublin in the morning and my wife and son will hopefully be there to great me at the finish line to carry me home.  no turning back now.

I'm still raising money for the Irish Cancer Society so if you would like to sponsor me for this race please click on the mycharity.ie logo on the right and donate what you can.  Thanks, your support if much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Be carefull ... don't be afraid of losing weight, i have a special training plan for you to recover weight in Portugal :P

    //tip ... it involves meat ... cows :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job training. Relax & just let it happen! :) You'll do well!! Way to go & good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, race report due in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete