Friday, October 14, 2011

First Tempo Run

7th October
I bought a book called Run Less Run Faster.  It has been a great read so far.  It put forward plans for running 3 times a week with 2 cross training activities also and states that this will improve you overall fitness and in turn you finish times, while reducing the risk of injury.


This seemed like the book for me given my injuries lately.  I'm just going to use some of it now but will put it completely into practice after the marathon and see where it gets me.  I decided to go on a tempo run and as I didn't have any 5km race to inform the pace I should run at I assume my 5km pace would be at around 24 minutes and ran my tempo according to that pace.  2km slow warm up, 5km tempo and a 1km slow cool down.  All in all it was a lovely run and even better was that my legs are still responding well.  Not long to go now.  2 more runs to fill you in on but I'll do that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment