Sunday, September 25, 2011

On the Road to Recovery

While Thursday was a bad day, Saturday was a good day.  13km done, no aches or pains and I felt I could have done more.  As the post title says I feel I'm on the road to recovery.  I also maintained a nice pace around and got in a lovely sprint at the end, before my cool down.

I'm starting to think that my shoes may be a factor in my injury.  I've been running in my Asics GT 2150 and New Balance 1064  for a while now and felt they still had more mileage left in them but now I'm not too sure.  My Asics has 606km on them and the New Balance has 496km.  I've just bought two new pairs of runners, one is the Brooks Ghost 4 and the other is the Saucony Kinvara.  I was running in the New Balance on Thursday when I had to stop early and then I used the Brooks runners on this run and they felt great and more importantly my Achilles felt great too.  Could my runners with 600km and 500km be at the end of their life span?  Should I not be able to get 750km out if them?  Another note is Tuesday's run in the Kinvara was also a lovely run with no problems.  It has got me thinking.  Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment