Sunday, September 18, 2011

Keeping Going

On Saturday I didn't run the Dublin Half Marathon, instead I went to the physio.  It turns out that the range of motion I have in my Achilles tendon is pretty bad and it was just a matter of time before this injury flared up.  I got the tendon manipulated, which was no fun at all and shown some exercises to try to lengthen the tendon.  I'm going to try to take it easy over the next few weeks and am still hoping to run/walk the marathon at the end of October, I just have to revise down the time I though I could finish in.

Out tonight for a tentative run to see how things are.  A nice 5km run done and a slight twinge in the tendon, not to bad.  We'll see how things go on Tuesday.  Thanks to Fortnightflo for the tips on looking after the Achilles Tendon, much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment