Sunday, August 7, 2011

DCM Week 13: Recovery Run

As it was going to be a beautiful day and we were going to go to the beach in the morning I elected to get up early in the morning for my recovery run.  I was out the door by 6.40am.  The legs were really tired so the very, very slow, easy pace was as much as they could do for this morning.  They did begin to wake up around 6km along with the sun and the rising heat.  7.58km done and a total of 36.98km for the week, a new PR.

With just 12 weeks left to the Dublin City Marathon the weeks are going to get longer and next week the long run is a 24km.  Having never passed the half marathon distance this will be a new horizon for me.  I hope I'm up to it.

I'm running the Dublin City Marathon on the 31st of October this year to raise money for the Irish Cancer Society.  If you would like to donate some money to this worthy cause please click on the link below or the image for mycharity.ie on the right side column.  Thanks in advance.

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/thomasjfarrell/

No comments:

Post a Comment