Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DCM Week 12: 6.5km Run Part 1

Today was hot.  It was my own fault as I couldn't drag my ass out of the bed so it was 9am before I was ready to hit the road.  Out the door, turn on my Garmin and low battery shouts back at me.  I'm wondering if my Garmin is dying. It doesn't seem to be able to hold a charge past a day.  Back into the house and I put the watch on charge for 30 minutes hoping it would be enough to cover the 6.5km I intended to run today.

I had bought a new pair of Ray Ban sunglasses yesterday for normal wear but hoped they would be ok for running too and I aimed to try them out today.  30 minutes later I began the walk to the track.  At 9.56am I began my run.  Did I say that it was hot?  I know running in this heat will benefit me in the end but it was hot, hot, hot.  Well done to those who go out in this weather on a regular basis.  In Ireland this is not something we have to worry about much.

7.54km done today including warm up and cool down.  A nice run out.  The sunglasses were fantastic and didn't move at all.  I forgot I was wearing them most of the time.  Delighted with my purchase now, I was worried yesterday as it was a lot of money...

A nice rest now and off to the beach in the evening.  Gotta love holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment