Saturday, August 6, 2011

DCM Week 13: Long Run

I had to drag myself out of the bed this morning.  I had hoped to be out the door at 7am but it was just after 9am before the door closed behind me and only then becuase I knew it was just going to get warmer the longer I left it.

I walked the 500m to the track to warm up the Achilles tendon and then hit my 500m jog warm up.  After my stretches it was into the run, a nice 14kms easy.  I split the run into two 7km runs.  The first went well as I ran anti-clockwise around the track.  Once the first 7 were completed I turned around and ran clockwise for the next 7km.  The sun also decided to join me and it began to get very muggy with the high humidity.  When the last kilometre approached I felt I could run it hard but as I'm still having Achilles trouble I tried to make it quick but within the pace zone I've set of 5:45 - 6:22 m/km.  I finished the last in 5:47 joint fastest of the day. Covered in sweat I walked back to the house after another good run.

I felt I could have run longer if my legs were in better shape, my breathing and heart rate were good, I guess the McMillan Running Calculator is working for me.  I'm on for a PR tomorrow if I complete the recovery run.  It'll be the most distance I'll have run in one week.  I'm sure I'll have more of these PR's throughout the rest of the training.  So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment