Tuesday, June 19, 2012

2 Run Week

Not so bad this week, only two runs but at least I'm still running.  5 runs in two weeks must be a record for me this year.

My planned Tuesday run never happened.  I finished late at work and by the time I got everything sorted it was time to go to bed so that run was scrapped.

Thursday - 5.5km
I did get out on Thursday for a run with a friend.  A nice 5.5km run in a slight bit of drizzle out on the back roads of Carlow.  During the run we got to formulate our plans for a bit of a running challenge.  We decided to run the gauntlet on the 18th of November.  It is a half marathon through the gap of Dunloe in Kerry, south west Ireland and will provide some nice hills.  As I have never really run hills and am a bit out of shape due to lack of running during the last 6 months it seemed like a good challenge.  Luckily for us we have Killeshin Hill nearby for a bit of training that should get us in nice stead for the race.  I'm looking forward to this now.  It is great to have a race on the cards to provide some mush needed motivation to get out there and to have the challenge of trying something new.

Sunday - 6.25km
Sunday in Ireland was Father's Day.  I had a nice lie in and when I got up my son, who is almost 3 gave me a card that he coloured in himself.  A great start to the day.  I told him I was going for a run and he wanted to come and was not so happy when I told he he had to stay inside until I got back.  He cheered up when I told him I'd run with him when I came back.

Out around the roundabouts I went and over the bridges, a nice 6.25km run.  I stopped 750m from home and walked the rest as a cool down.  After a few stretches I went inside and then back out again as me and my son ran a nice 400m around the green in our estate.  A great start to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment