Friday, January 10, 2014

Second Week of Marathon Training Schedule

The second week of training for the Paris Marathon in April is over with another three runs this week. I was hoping to be at half marathon distance by the turn of the new year so I would have a good three months to build up to the distance but an injury put paid to the plans for December. After losing a month's training I began to think a marathon in April would be a tall order but after logging into myasics.co.uk and creating a marathon training plan I'm feeling a bit better about the prospects.  I still feel it will be tough and I probably won't break my marathon PR but the aim now is to get to the finish line. I can always try to break my PR at Dublin in October.

The three runs this week consisted of two 8km runs and finished with a 12km run today. Today's run was the toughest run I've had in a long time. My Achilles are a bit sore after the run and I'm looking after them. They haven't been great of late but I feel I'm getting better at looking after them and they are on the mend. I tired early in the run but knew I needed to finish as the plan for next week is a 16km long run and without today's run that would be even tougher. After running every second day for the last two weeks I now have a break until Monday night,  almost three days. This should aid recovery and I'll be running 3 days a week from now on.

The holidays end tomorrow and we will be flying home to Ireland. It has been a great break, as always, but it is time to go home to run in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment