Monday, November 5, 2012

Start Stop, Start Stop

This year, as the title suggests, has been struggle to maintain any sort of consistency in my running.  I tend to get the idea that I need to run and start running for a couple of days, or weeks and then stop for a month or two.  Then a wave of needing to run hits again and the cycle continues.  What I am lacking this year is complete motivation and focus.  While I want to run, and recognise and feel the benefits of running, it has been hard for me to manifest that into actual running.

I decided to tune back into reading blogs, which I've really not done this year, and came across this post from Eric of Just a Mile To Go.  It really resonated with me and made me realise that last year I had a focus with all my runs and my training that I did't have this year.  Last year I was running for a reason and it was easy to go out on the cold, wet windy days because of this.  This year I have felt lost.

I am currently re-finding (if that is a word) my reason for running and looking forward to the challenge ahead.  To that means, after not running a single race this year, I've signed up for the first race I ever ran again.  The Great Ireland Run in April 2013, a nice 10km...  Just trying to put a little focus into my running calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment